The Chemical Brothers UK Tour
The Chemical Brothers have announced their biggest UK arena tour to date for November 2019, including huge shows in Leeds, Manchester, Cardiff, Glasgow and Birmingham.
The Chemical Brothers UK Tour Dates:
Leeds First Direct Arena, 21 Nov
Manchester Arena, 22
Glasgow The SSE Hydro, 23
Cardiff Motorpoint Arena, 28
Birmingham Arena, 29
News of the tour follows the recent announcement that the British electronic music duo will be headlining London’s All Points East Festival next May.
The shows will be in support of The Chemical Brothers upcoming ninth studio album ‘No Geography’, due out for release in Spring 2019. The record features their latest single ‘Free Yourself’ and is the follow up to their hugely successful, Grammy nominated 2015 release ‘Born In The Echoes’, which helped the band secure their sixth consecutive No.1 album.
‘Born In The Echoes’ featured major artist collaborations with the likes of Q-Tip, St. Vincent and Beck, as well as videos from the Oscar-winning director Michel Gondry and award-winning director duo Dom&Nic, plus experimentation in virtual reality with Chris Milk.
FIVE FAST BAND FACTS:
- The Chemical Brothers comprises of Tom Rowlands and Ed Simons.
- The legendary duo has sold more than 12 million albums and six million singles worldwide.
- They have had six No. 1 albums in the UK alone.
- They were the first electronic act ever to receive a Grammy when they took home the award for Best Rock Instrumental Performance.
- The Chemical Brothers have since gone on to receive a total of four Grammy Awards.
Photo Credit: Hamish Brown