Pixies will be hitting the road on a 2019-2020 World Tour, kicking off this September with 33 dates scheduled across 16 European countries.
Pixies UK & Ireland Dates:
Cardiff Motorpoint Arena, 13 Sept
Plymouth Pavilions, 14
Birmingham O2 Academy, 16
Leeds O2 Academy, 17
Manchester O2 Apollo, 18
London Alexandra Palace, 20
Newcastle O2 Academy, 21
Glasgow O2 Academy, 22
Edinburgh Usher Hall, 23
Belast Ulster Hall, 25
Dublin Olympia Theatre, 26
The pioneering alt rockers will head out on what will be their first European tour in two years in support of their brand new studio album. They will rehearse and prepare to play in the region of 90 songs from across their back catalogue alongside tracks from their new release.
With no nightly setlist, the songs at each show will be determined on the spot. From a live onstage mic that feeds only to the band members, sound engineer and lighting director, frontman Black Francis will simply call out what each next song will be. David Lovering explained, “The best is when you can sense what the next song should be based on the atmosphere in the room. That’s really, ultimately what we’re going for, to read the room and to be able to make the right choice.”
Pixies’ upcoming release, which has yet to be given a title, was recorded last December at Dreamland Recordings near Woodstock, NY with producer Tom Dalgety. It will be the band’s second album since naming Paz Lenchantin as permanent bassist as well as their eighth overall studio recording.
FIVE FAST BAND FACTS:
- Pixies are Black Francis on rhythm guitar and vocals, Joey Santiago on guitar, David Lovering on drums and Paz Lenchantin on bass.
- After five genre-defining studio albums, Pixies disbanded in 1993.
- They launched their reunion tour in April 2004, playing to sell-out crowds across the globe for 15 years.
- Founding bassist Kim Deal left the band in 2013.
- Since reuniting, Pixies have released two studio albums including 2014’s Indie Cindy and 2016’s Head Carrier.