Tones And I has unveiled new single ‘Ur So F**king Cool’ alongside an accompanying music video.
The official visuals were directed by Nick Kozakis, Liam Kelly and Tones And I, and see the Australian artist take on the role of various personas.
Discussing her inspiration for the track, the rising singer-songwriter commented, “I wrote this song after I went to a party and everyone there thought they were the coolest thing ever and I just thought ‘this is shit, I’m leaving.’”
WATCH THE MUSIC VIDEO HERE:
‘Ur So F**king Cool’ follows previous tracks ‘Can’t Be Happy All The Time’, ‘Bad Child’ and international hit single ‘Dance Monkey’, which recently exceeded a billion views on YouTube in less than a year.
Since its release ‘Dance Monkey’ has also achieved an impressive list of further milestones, including:
- A global tally of over seven billion streams, including 1.5 billion at Spotify where it’s become the all-time most streamed song by a female artist.
- The longest-running UK No.1 from a female artist in chart history with 11 weeks at the top.
- The most Shazamed single of all-time.
- It hit No.4 on Billboard’s Hot 100 as it reached Platinum status, making ‘Dance Monkey’ the chart’s first Top 5 hit to have been solely written by a woman in over eight years.
- Multi-Platinum or Diamond certification in 15 different countries.
- Four ARIA Awards: Best Female Artist, Breakthrough Artist, Best Pop Release and Best Independent Release.
In addition to winning the 2020 International Songwriting Competition (ISC) as well as, Tones And I also recently took home the coveted ‘Song of the Year’ and ‘Breakthrough Songwriter’ awards at the 2020 Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) Music Awards for her global smash ‘Dance Monkey’.
Earlier this year, the singer performed an alternate version of her song ‘Never Seen The Rain’, accompanied by a choir and three-piece band.
WATCH IT HERE: